We know that not all Retirement Plan Consulting Practices are the right fit for everyone. Often times when an advisor is thinking of moving firms a lot of work and planning goes into deciding – is this the right fit for me. We recently asked our Houston Managing Director, Ann-Marie Sepuka, AIFÂ®, CRPS, CPFA why SRP was the right fit for her.
- When did you join SRP?
- I joined SRP over 2 years ago- WOW time flies when you’re having fun!
- Why did you join SRP?
- I believed that in order for me to stay relevant in this ever-changing industry, I had to find a firm that had the passion, focus and capital to provide that relevance. I took a list of the top firms, made a list of what I needed and did my due diligence on each. SRP was the firm that checked all boxes on my list.
- What were you most excited about when you joined SRP?
- I felt like I could make an impact. That my voice would be heard and that it’s a collaborative effort amongst ALL- not just upper management but ALL of us no matter what your role is.
- What are you most excited about now after being at SRP for two years?
- That when I look back, I know that I made the right decision. What I was told during the recruitment process was true. That although I “heard” the things I wanted to hear, the actions delivered by SRP is what spoke loudest and continues to do so to this day.
- What advice would you give to an advisor considering a change?
- If you’re considering a change, then there must be “things” that led up to this. I would make a list of the ideal things you want in a firm. What you’re lacking now that you need in the future and create columns for the top firms in Retirement Plan Consulting. Interview each one and check the boxes they fill. If you’re honest with your list, then you’ll find the right firm for you.
- How did SRP differentiate themselves in the due diligence process?
- I distinctly remember being told up front that not only did SRP need to be a right fit for me, but I had to be the right fit for SRP. No other firm had told me that. What that meant for me is that SRP isn’t afraid to be committed to their culture because to them, my revenue wasn’t as important as making sure they’ve got the right person on their bus.
Are you looking for a firm that checks all the boxes on your list? Contact us today to see if we are the firm for you!
Want to learn more about Ann-Marie, read her bio here.